Wednesday, August 12, 2009

In a Digital Future - or not so future - Textbooks Are History

This article appeared in the New York Times on August 9, 2009
Recently, I weighed a textbook belonging to a high school student and it confirmed what I thought, "....it's so heavy, expensive, old, and one dimensional...". This article confirms what I have been thinking and talking about for several years.
I have been entering international museum and cultural web sites into a database, The Cultured Web. Ultimately The Cultured Web search tool will generate a relational visual result. Serving as a complement and supplement to the on-line textbooks and because of its content will be safe and not compromised by filters placed on searches and sites by IT administrators. Some of the noteworthy sites have been included in this blog, please take a look and tell me what you think!

No comments: