Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lego Millyard Project

I subscribe to a blog ExhibiTricks written by the "chief instigator" Paul Orselli. I get an email informing me of a new listing on his blog from time to time. I really like what Paul talks about and shows. Even though this online reference to the Lego Millyard Project is focused on visiting the museum, the concept can be a valuable educational resource. For students studying CAD this adds value and a lot of other attributes: planning, collaboration, and history etc. I enjoyed seeing the collaboration of Lego working with: SEE Science Center in Manchester N.H., FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology), CLD Consulting Engineers, and NELUG (the New England LEGO® Users Group) to make this a reality. The City of Manchester also sponsored this project. The Manchester Historic Association provided research materials, and awarded SEE with an Historic Preservation Award for the project in 2006.
You can get the details of this project on their site.
Flickr has many photos here is a link for one, ENJOY! and thanks to Paul for instigating!

I would like to see a project like in my town, and yes it can be scaled down quite a bit, for students studying CAD (computer aided design), historic structures, architecture, etc. Every town has a historic or noteworthy structure to be replicated.

No comments: